Custom Jewelry Design

I design and make beautiful, affordable jewelry featuring mixed metals, polymer clay and beads.



Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Purpose....

I am a 43 year old wife and mother of 2 children 18 and 16. I have reached a time in my life where I dont feel my purpose. I say feel rather than see, I see my purpose I am a mother, wife, employee...however my kids are older and do not need me quiet as much as they use too, my husband and I have been married over twenty years we have fallen into a routine, work....I have had this job for 10 years, nothing much has changed. I need to feel my purpose!

A few of the girls I work with (young 20 something girls) are looking to further their education and go back to school to get a degree, both are going to get their LPN license. I was jealous...I know I could go to school and do the same, but I am 43 do I really want to become a nurse in my mid 40's and then have a student loan to pay off when I am done!!! So I took a hard look at what I wanted to do...

I am a full time Office Manager, and I design jewelry in my spare time, I thought what could I do to improve either of these jobs. I looked into classes at a local community college. I found non-credit on-line courses...continuing education courses, a 6 week course for $99. I thought PERFECT! There was so many to choose from...I focused in on what I could do to improve my jewelry business. They had everything from Marketing to Web Design, to Creative Writing. Well after much investigating I have enrolled in the class of "Marketing your Online Business" I start Feb. 17th. I am very excited and very hopefull that I will finally feel my purpose.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Trish,

    I know what you mean, my daughter is 16 and a busy girl.

    When I decided to really work my jewelry business everything changed for me, and now I am working hard to build up my blog because I really love blogging.

    Enjoy your class, and have fun discovering what you love doing.

    Oh yea, I'm a Minnesota girl too! I left in the late 80's but it's still home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the words of encouragement. Your blog is great, you are an inspiration. Minnesota Rocks, winters tend to drag on, but would not want to live anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete